Logos Mobile Apps

This is a suggestion forum ONLY!

UserVoice Posting guidelines:

1) Before posting a UserVoice suggestion please use the Logos discussion forums first to determine whether or not the feature you want is already implemented:
Mobile Reader Apps.
2) If you are unable to locate your idea on the Logos forums, please search the existing suggestions on UserVoice to see if it’s already been entered.
3) If steps #1 and #2 don’t help, please enter a new UserVoice suggestion and don’t forget to specify whether you use Android or iOS.
4) Please be concise by having a single suggestion per post.
5) Please remember this is a suggestion site and not a discussion forum or a place to report bugs.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for Logos 7 feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

1. Enable a way to hide unwanted free resources when online

Could you PLEASE enable a way to hide unwated free resources or delete them?Logos on Fire HD- search is much slower offline/airplane mode and so annoying to wade through results of these free resources when you do search online. Thank you.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. iPad app

Colocar recursos em português no guia exegético para iPad. Seriam extremamente importantes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please Support copy with citation

The iPad is now becoming more powerful and support split screen to do more work. Please support copy with the citation so that we can work on research papers or articles or books on iPad. Please let us choose the format to cite the source like we can on Mac OS. Thanks.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. iPad / IOS: Add Keyboard Shortcuts for common activities: i.e, cmd-g to go to a new verse

I'd love to have keyboard shortcuts for common features (bonus points: customizable keyboard shortcuts) such as cmd-g which would bring up the verse entry text box with all of the text highlighted (just as if cmd-a were typed to select-all in the widget).

In service, I regularly have a difficult time touching the proper part of the ipad screen to bring up the verse entry text box. Instead, I frequently bring up a resource list or other accidental touches.

My pastor regularly ad-libs verses as he's preaching and I try to keep up with him using the touch interface, and…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add the propositional outline ability to the iOS app

Please add the propositional outline option to Logos Mobile, this feature is amazing and I would love to have it mobile!

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Widget for android

Create a widget for android where the reading schedule or prayer list or maybe just the verse of the day (from the home screen) is visible.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. display pages by page number

it would be nice to have the option to display only one page number per screen for reading on Android or iOS and reading view within the desktop app. When I read paper books sometimes I remember which part of the page I read something. it would be nice to be able to go back a few pages and easily find something i have read previously. I realize that some books would have to display smaller fonts and it may not be practical for every book but it would be a nice option.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Style Specific Highlight Filters!

I appreciate the feature to be able to see all highlights on a per resource basis already, but what is really lacking is to be able to additionally filter highlights of a specific style.

For example, I would like to be able to see all my highlights in a specific resource of a specific highlight style (blue, green, yellow, etc.) The Kindle app does this nicely. You can open a specific book, and then you can open the "My Notebook" feature, and then you can filter your highlights in that book on a per style basis. You can have it…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. speed up page turns

I would like it if page turns were sped up. Many mobile apps give you the sense that you are actually turning the page as the animation is in sync with your gesture. There is a noticeable delay between the gesture and the result in logos for ipad and android.

Speeding up would enable a more natural reading experience and flicking through pages would feel natural.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Default downloaded resources to external SD card

It is possible for apps to default to the external SD card for the app data. Please make this available or default as there is limited internal space available. If not making it the default, please make it an option to have resources download to external SD Cards.

530 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  52 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Time to make Logos a full featured mobile application

The increasing power of mobile devices means the gap between mobile and desktop devices is diminishing rapidly. It's time to make a full featured Logos mobile application with the same feature set as the desktop application. The demand is there and it would be a game changer!!!

291 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Keyword Tagging On Annotations / Notes (Android)

Would be great if Logos for Android offered the ability to add keywords / tags to the annotations I make. For example if I highlight a verse on Christ's divinity, I would love the ability to add the keywords Christ, Trinity, Divinity of Jesus, etc along with other possible keywords that the verse might address. Then if I could search by those keywords / tags I would get back all the verses which I've tagged for a specific word. Really helps when doing group bible study or evangelism. An app that has this option is Olive Tree Bible Study, really…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to make reference notes the default type

I use reference notes exclusively because then they show up in all translations and not just a single translation like selection notes.

It would be great if there was a setting to make this the default that shows up when adding a note.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Simple Offline Guides and Lookups

Offer *basic* guides and lookups when *offline*, including:

- BWS - simple headword lookup based on selected text or typed in text (spell corrected and converted to lemma) in dictionaries, lexicons, encyclopedias while reading bibles; simple dictionary lookup for all other books.
    - Topic Guide - simple headword lookup based on selected text or typed in text (spell corrected and supplemented with synonym finder?)
    - Passage Guide - simple lookup in commentary of a given passage.

The above features would only access books which have been downloaded to the device. When a guide is run, it could check an index…

677 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. make app less internet dependent and allow the user to decide when and where he wants to sync

Having the app constantly connect to the internet is a bad idea in the part of the world where I am. Internet unfortunately is still very unpredictable and frequently not available. that makes working with this app almost impossible at times. That also means that there should be a possibility to have materials stored on the computer or SD card. Reading plans now are rather challenging to follow if connections is not available.
    It really would help a lot if I could choose the time where I want to sync as it would free the computer from trying to connect…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. enable read aloud or text to speech like in the desktop app

For the benefit of people with visual impairment or other reading difficulties make the logos mobile apps great at text to speech or read aloud.

440 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Passage List for IPad and Android Device

I would love to be able to read my Passage List on both my iPad and Android Devices. When placing Passage List in my Favorites it does not allow me to read them.

292 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)