Logos Mobile Apps

This is a suggestion forum ONLY!

UserVoice Posting guidelines:

1) Before posting a UserVoice suggestion please use the Logos discussion forums first to determine whether or not the feature you want is already implemented:
Mobile Reader Apps.
2) If you are unable to locate your idea on the Logos forums, please search the existing suggestions on UserVoice to see if it’s already been entered.
3) If steps #1 and #2 don’t help, please enter a new UserVoice suggestion and don’t forget to specify whether you use Android or iOS.
4) Please be concise by having a single suggestion per post.
5) Please remember this is a suggestion site and not a discussion forum or a place to report bugs.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for Logos 7 feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

1. Add TTS (text to speech) feature to Logos for IPod

I want my Ipod to be able to speak the text of the book, just like it does in Logos 5.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. hyphen in place of comma for two consecutive verses. with a comma it takes to selections to read the entire reference.

When two consecutive verses are referenced a comma is used, while if more than two are referenced a hyphen is used. The hypen allows all verses to be displayed, while the comma requires two individual selections.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add book and verse references with copy paste

When copying Bible verses to other mobile applications, (e.g. Pages, Evernote, etc.) It would be helpful if the book and verse references could be automatically added. This would be extremely helpful for sermon prep.

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ios when you highlight an obviously wrong word it would be nice if one of the pop-up actions was an easy way to report the word in error.

ios when you highlight an obviously wrong word it would be nice if one of the pop-up actions was an easy way to report the word in error

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow users to click on a note (in the notes list) and jump to the scripture reference.

Since Logos does not have a good tagging option, I use 'notes' as a way of grouping scriptures under headings like 'humility', 'grace', etc. But when I view my list of notes under a note title, there is no functionality to jump to the scripture reference.

This would help alot, and make the notes function on ISO much more useful.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "S Pen" Support

Samsung's "S Pen" is a remarkable input device (future 'mouse' for all tablts & phones?). Pls add support in Android app.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Android - BCP Daily Office Lectionary setup

In my PC Logos 5 when I select the Book of Common Prayer - Daily Office lectionary, all the selected passages are ready to read in sequence. On Android only the links are shown. It is necessary when selecting each passage to remember where to start and stop. It is cumbersome. All the passage selections should be present like in Logos 5

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow mouse gestures to interact with Faithlife Android app

For those of us in an oppressed minority [ ;-) ] who do not use Windows or Mac, we can install the Android operating system in a virtual machine and run Android apps in an environment that is virtually the same as on a phone or tablet.

The one area where this isn't true is inability to select text (to insert notes or highlights) using a mouse cursor. To me, this capability is of high importance because I'd much rather use my laptop's keyboard to create notes than the Android virtual keyboard.

Thanks for your consideration!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide multiple Bible versions

I like to compare the NIV and HSCB. It would be great to have them to compare while reading. Thanks! Tracey

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Introduce a Base Package for Mobile Users

People coming to the Logos Bible app who are encountering Logos for the first time need a good low-cost, highly targeted base package. A package that enables the full power of Logos at the absolute minimum cost (it's what mobile users have come to expect from mobile apps). If you're going to sell on the mobile market it needs to be aggressively targeted and extremely simple to get setup and get running. This can then be used to draw them into the bigger Logos family.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Link shortcuts to books from my home screen.

Since 2.3.5 now comes with the "Ability to open Verbum/Vyrso from external URIs". Let's go one further step and give me the ability to create URL links on my home screen that will open Specific books.
    As mentioned here:
    http://community.logos.com/forums/p/66443/463404.aspx#463404

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. User selectable option to use volume controls to change pages

When using Logos on my Android smart phone it becomes increasingly irritating turning pages with a swipe whereas using the volume controls quickly becomes a natural movement. I would guess tat this would be much easier to 'code in' than to implement scrolling.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. ADD : 'Tri-Screen' Option for Larger Tablets. Thank you! :)

ADD 'Tri-Screen' Option for Larger Tablets...

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Introduce a Quick Starter Guide

Create a Quick Starter book resource for new users. Something that's quick to skim through to learn all the features and to use as a reference. Something like Steve Clark's guide (http://community.logos.com/forums/p/57421/409853.aspx#409853).

The interface is not intuitive, and while it could be imrpoved, I also understand that there is a lot of functionality and there is no way to make it all obvious to all users. These users need a guide.

Some users are going to be coming to the Logos mobile apps from being previous desktop users, some are coming from word of mouth, but I would…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Quick Start for Bible Study

Nice to have the broader scope options currently available, BUT the most frequent need I find is to use my Android to get going on an impromptu Bible Study or one at the start of a meeting I just dropped into. The need here is to launch the app straight to the passage search menu so I can select the Book/Chapter/verses to be studied and then to select which bible version to study in (with the quick option to switch to a different Bible version on the same passage). Cannot do this right now as the Bible app takes SO…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OCR Snapshot

I would like the ability to take a picture of a Bible page with the Phones camera and have Logos notice the Bible passages on the page from a background monitoring service by Logos and ask me if i'd like to open my own bible...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Go back to the drawing board and remember the KISS Principle in your design.

I don't want to be negative or too critical but the Logos App for iPad has become too complicated to maneuver and in my opinion somewhat user unfriendly in it's GUI design approach. Earlier interface design with additional options and content would have been sufficient for a good app.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Logos Mobile Apps

Feedback and Knowledge Base