I suggest you ...

Support e-Ink for Android eReader

e-Ink tablets are amazing for reading Faithlife resources on. They offer screens that are very easy on the eyes and readable anywhere from sunlight to a dark night. These devices also have great battery life. At the moment Faithlife doesn't officially support the use of these devices. As one of a growing number of people to use these devices I would like to see these devices actively supported and catered for (my review here https://community.logos.com/forums/p/97340/671147.aspx). These are two suggestions that would do this:
(1) support physical page turn buttons and
(2) offer a theme like "sepia" or "low light" that creates an e-ink friendly contrast / buttons.

Why is this important for Faithlife? If Faithlife were to embrace this new technology I'm confident that many other people would use it and support the company through buying more books in the system instead of buying hard copies or Kindle copies.

151 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Randle Bond shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ruben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bringing software back to android 4.x I guess would not be the way to go, but at least make it great on existing Android 6 devices which enough power for LOGOS...

As for now it's only the two devices from Onyx

Boox Max2 (13")
        and Onyx Note (10")

just add turning pages please

• Ruben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using a Max2 from Onyx Boox and logos works great on that device.

A new theme is not really neseccary, everyithing works well, putting animations of would make it a little nicer, but that's not a big issue either...

Only think really missing is using physical buttions - with Onyx Boox Max2 it dosn't really matter if volume buttons or real page turn buttions are supported, but either of them should (but when why not making an option for both anyhow?)

• Weiyi Lou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be great if, as part of this, the Page Turn Animations could be turned off.

• Mike Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm told that Logos 6 features a"Send to Kindle" component. The popular scripture-hyperlink feature uses end notes rather than pop ups but hey, it's better than nothing. What is surprising is that someone from Faithlife didn't post this before me. That tells me these threads aren't really monitored, and like the blue screen of death, no one can hear my screams.

• Mark Nolette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As for me, the E-Ink Logos/Verbum experience is better than the LCD one! E-Ink and Faithlife apps are a natural pair, especially for aging eyes that may have already spent way too much time in front of bright computer screens of all kinds. Now that Android E-Ink e-readers are available with Android 4.x, they make great platforms for Bible reading and study.

Feedback and Knowledge Base