I suggest you ...

Fully support VoiceOver text-to-speech!

Please add/re-add VoiceOver support! This is the quickest, easiest way to allow people to have instant text-to-speech features!

Logos should take notice from Kindle and how well they have supported VoiceOver. It seems to me that Logos used to support VoiceOver in Containers (up until the latest 4.4.0 release in which now it is broken) but not Lines. I would love to see Logos support not only Containers again but even lines so that you can tap anywhere on the page and it will start reading from that very line, just the way that Kindle does.

VoiceOver is not just a feature for the visually impaired, it's a great way to instantly have free AudioBook support. Please don't try to charge us for this feature when it can easily be given for free with such little effort.

225 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Timothy Taylor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a user of Voiceover who is visually impaired, I would like to see improved navigation within the reading area so that I can start and stop a book if I am interruptec. Currently I have no way to determine what is on the screen unless I start reading. I would also like to be able to read with braille display--when I am doing work with grammar this is my primary mode of study, and I currently cannot do this with PC or VoiceOver. I teach biblical languages, and I am trying to encourage students to use Logos in order to access reference material. It would be a lot easier if they could use braille displays or audio as appropriate to their learning needs.

As a student with long car rides in traffic, text-to-speech would dramatically help in my studies and preperations for tests and papers.

Android OS support will be greatly appreciated. Hope you will consider this for the next updates.

• The Hour of Bauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with others on here too that Logos uses need full voiceover support and not "rudimentary" support. Kevin, can you unpack the reason why "Full support" like kindle, will not happen because Logos does not want to make this happen? Perhaps we don't understand the reason for this choice when full support can be done. Thank you for all you do.

• John Goodman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kevin, We are deeply grateful for the rudimentary support and are also asking, hoping and voting for full voiceover support. Thanks, John

• Timothy Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are very thankful for the "rudimentary VoiceOver support!" BUT, that is not what this suggestion is for. I think I was pretty clear as to what I meant when I suggested "full VoiceOver support." The word "rudimentary" is nowhere in this suggestion. Please don't mark this as complete until it is complete. Perhaps "started" may be a more fitting label for now. The faithlife apps are very close to having full support but still not quite there yet. Thanks for listening!

• Jimmy Kinnaird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have poor eyesight and I cannot read for extended periods. I really depended on the voiceover in Logos to help me. I pray that they find a way to add it back in for the apps.

• Ramsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently purchased Logos and found this feature to extremely beneficial. Logos, please fix the issue.

• Timothy Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

David, I agree that the page turn issue has been a frustration. However, if Logos decides to officially support VoiceOver (what we are all hoping for), this bug should be able to be addressed. In the meantime, I've noticed that a quick workaround is that when the page flips incorrectly, simply a quick two finger down gesture on the screen works perfectly to get it back on the right page. Not ideal I know, but a workaround until they get it fixed properly.

• David Saunders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find this incredibly useful for listening to books being read during the 90 minutes I spend driving to and from work. The spurious page turn problem is very annoying and at the moment I tend to buy Kindle versions of books that I want to read in this way.

• John MIller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Tim. Logos, please fix this! I use VoiceOver to listen to many of the books in my library. Other programs like Kindle allow it still and it's a great way for us to listen and make it through our extensive libraries!

• Eric Louw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most people don't realize how incredibly useful this feature is. I'm hesitant to do any app updates until it's fixed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base