I suggest you ...

Provide iPad users with a better Search engine

For years I have been using e-book readers and other eText applications but have never found one with as few features as the one available to Users if the Logos app, which is my primary way of accessing the Logos Bible research system.

1. When a user is reading a title, it ought to be possible to search the contents of the title without having to go outside the book. As it is now, when I select Recent Resources, the book I'm currently reading never shows up.

2. The user ought to be able to select the fields in the database that are being searched when searching for a title. When I try to select from the many Bibles I have in my library of over 3,000 titles, if I select Bible" or "version" I get dozens of hits that have nothing to do with the Bible. Why can't you simple provide a drop-down menu and allow the user to designate which field or fields to be search, the alter your database query statement to limit the search to the field(s) selected.

3. If you are really serious about your users having thousands if titles in their libraries,why don't you give priority to allowing them to categorize their titles (see the Amazon Kindle app or your would-be competitor, Wordsearch Bible iPad app, for example).

4. Finally, if you happen to check out the Amazon Kindle app for iPad, you will see that when the user looks at a list of "All Books," an alphabetical index appears to the right of the list so the user doesn't have to do what Logos iPad users have to do: scroll through 3,000 books to get to an alphabetical section of the list.

Let me acknowledge that I have not gone through multiple hours of training on the use of the iPad app. But I am an advanced user of research software and developed one of the first CD-ROM products on the market (1988) for biblical and theological research. So if the things I'm suggesting above are already available, then they simply are ver intuitive--for an experienced software user. If they are not available, I believe the use of your research product would be greatly enhanced to add the functionality I have suggested.

Bob Lewis

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)