I suggest you ...

Improve Bible Verse Navigation. Make it possible for users to change just the chapter or the verse only like users can in Olivetree's app.

Allow users to click quickly navigate to different chapters of the Bible (or verses), without having to select the book of the bible every time.

65 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Gary Belhomme shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. Book, chapter, and verse should all be separate tabs. Currently, the "Verse" tab is used for all three. So it takes it always takes 4 taps to change verses. I'd say most of the time I just want to go to a different verse in the same chapter or a different chapter in the same book. It's a pain to have to select the whole passage every time.

If the display is completely within a chapter then bring up the verse list by default.
    If the display spans a chapter break then bring up the chapter list by default.
    If the display spans a book break then bring up the book list by default.
    But no matter which comes up first, give the ability to switch to either of the other two with a single tap.

Sometimes when reading I just want to know how many verses are in a chapter. If navigation defaulted to verses in the current chapter then that's only 1 tap to find the number of verses.

• Reid Ferguson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. In the "Verse" window there is no need for the chapter or verse panels to collapse or disappear each time so that it opens with only all the books displayed. If it simply opened each time to the last reference used with all three sections, it would be faster overall, AND would facilitate moving around more quickly within the passage you are already working in.

Feedback and Knowledge Base