I suggest you ...

Default downloaded resources to external SD card

It is possible for apps to default to the external SD card for the app data. Please make this available or default as there is limited internal space available. If not making it the default, please make it an option to have resources download to external SD Cards.

519 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Levi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot use the Faithlife Study Bible App because is only uses precious internal phone memory. My Android 6 phone has 8MB internal memory and through due diligence, I can generally keep about 600MB free. Any lower memory than that and the phone balks at doing software updates.

We utilize (and I run) Proclaim at Church but I personally cannot use this app to see how signals" work during worship service. Too bad. :(

• Tom T. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be a tremendous help to be able to store my resources where I have the most space, on my external SD card. I utilize Logos on my Kindle Fire and some of the work-arounds suggested on these forums simply don't work with Kindle's adapted Android FireOS.

• Mike C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. At least have an option to download resources to an SD card location. Love the app so much. Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just bought a Kindle Fire 7 (Lollipop) specifically for Logos. Hoping this is still a possibility as very small internal space left.
        Thanks

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just run out of storage space on my Samsung Tablet, and realise I can't move my 10GB Logos to the external SD card storage.... Can we get this happening?

I have same feedback
        ___
        Hi,
        Your logos 7 - app on android smartphone cannot be moved from internal storage to micro SD - card as some apps can. It is now installed in internal storage from which I try to move it to micro SD - card in order to free more memory/storage from internal storage so that internal storage does not get full.
        My feedback is that could this logos 7 app be changed so that this appxallows it to ve moved from internal storage into micro SD - card?

I believe this is an imperative facility - please add it ASAP. Your competitor Olive Tree Bible has it and it can't be that difficult!

• Adam Cody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has to be resolved ASAP - it's insane that I have thousands of dollars invested in your software and can't use it as it's intended. I have a 17GB library now with Logos and it will stop there until you resolve this since I can get resources cheap at Olivetree and have them on ext. storage for tablets/mobile devices.

I agree wholeheartedly. I am having trouble with storage issues even though I have a 32gb phone.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please provide an option to move the app and resource data to an SD card. Not everybody can afford to buy flagship phones with large internal memory capacity.

This would be so beneficial - really a bummer that I can't run logos on my android phone or tablet without data or wifi.

• Christian Howd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can move the Kindle app and store books on an SD card. I can store music from Play and Amazon on an SD card. I can store downloaded Google Maps on an SD card. Why can't I store downloaded resources from Logos on an SD card? It's been 2 years since this suggestion was made. There is clearly support for this idea. The app was completely redesigned during this time. It's time to develop the option to use the SD card for Logos.

• Bruce Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I had to replace my flip phone, I bought an android to which I could add an SD card. Bought (scrimped) a 64 GB card so I could read the Logos/Vyrso/ Noet resources I have. Olive Tree books go on the SD card. I need the Logos format books on the SD card, not the internal memory. There is an option to move to SD card, but it is "greyed out", unlike Olive Tree and some other apps I have.

I'm a business consultant with a seminary degree, hence my power user book buying on Logos. That books take a lot of room and Logos is limited on Android has been well stated. Here's my free business thinking as a Logos fanboy: Maybe Logos could post an explanation as to why this is difficult? With more than half of LinkedIn use on mobile now and with the 8 Galaxy phones having no large hard drive option, everything is 64G plus a card, it may be time to take mobile more seriously and move this idea from the review stage. samsung is brilliant, btw, unlike Apple that is gouging people with the X memory options. But now it means for the dominant phone in the android market, any app that can't use the SD card is significantly less valuable. So I'm sure your mobile folks know this and maybe there is a reason adjusting your app storage now that Android makes it harder is more difficult for your company to do compared to a big outfit like Amazon for Kindle and Audible.Saying you will review it years ago and giving no explanation for something that seems to be "the cost of entry" or "table stakes" for a book app on Android can communicate an unintentional bias for Iphones I'm betting you don't have. I love that you are translating Logos into other languages, I know part of what I pay for with your pricing model is your ministry. Please now translate it into Android. Unless there is a compelling technical reason, my take is that it's a competitive requirement now if you look at others in your category. If it's technically prohibitive for your company, tell your users. They will pout and get on with life.For what its worth.

• Rush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is only true for some Android phones. Samsung does not offer that option. Very important function for power users.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Understand this to be "Under Review." Perhaps there is more involved than the typical user of Logos may understand, but the original post was almost four years ago and it appears the response time to the post above was 2 1/2 years and it is almost a year and a half since it looks like the "Under Review" was listed. To make Logos truly powerful in "remote" places (Acts 1:8) w/o wifi or other connectivity, it would certainly be helpful to be able to store our resources in external memory ... please!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base