I suggest you ...

Add a feature to "Bookmark" or "dog ear" a reading point.

116 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. There needs to be a better bookmarking system. I see favorites as more permenant but there needs to be a more temporary/transient marking system to go with it.

I currently use favorites to mark my place but these are not really favorites, just markers that I am constantly having to delete after I add a new marker. There probably should be at least two or three different kinds of markers with customizable names. This would be especially useful when listening to a sermon or lecture when flipping around to different pages.

YES! - and sync those bookmarks. All too often I switch android phones and all my recent reading list gets lost. This would solve that problem.

Absolutely agree. Many times when I am reading a resource (especially happens with the Bible), I jump to somewhere else and then forget where I was. Color coded bookmarks would be a plus and perhaps "named" bookmarks within each resource would be the best!

• Gabriel Molina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bookmark should be the first tool coded into any type of reading app. The Favorites is no good for bookmarking. I suggest you use color coded bookmarks. Kind of like some bibles or older physical books with the different color lanyards/strings.

• Boydston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, favorites is made even worse for bookmarks by working in opposite ways between iOS and Android. iOS: tap the star to go to a favorite. Android: tap the star to add a favorite. Crazy!

Seriously! Just a simple, super quick, tapping the corner to mark and unmark the page. Favorites are so cumbersome for this functionality.

• Carl Schenkenberger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree!

Different than notes or favorites, bookmarks (with custom labels) would let you save your place for various studies you're involved in concurrently. They would track to the furthest point read in a passage after being opened. They could have 2 simple navigation buttons allowing you to go back to the bookmark from a new passage, or move the bookmark to the new passage. You could even have a set of advanced features that, once enabled, allowed you to nest bookmarks. This could be very helpful for studying through the gospels, for example.

Yes, please! I need a much faster/easier way to simply bookmark where I am in reading. Favorites are just too cumbersome regular, everyday reading.

Feedback and Knowledge Base