I suggest you ...

filter by collection, series or type, in library view (they already come under search)

Searches can be limited by collection at the moment but the library view cannot be. I find the library view very difficult to explore due to the number of books. If the view could be filtered by collection, series or type, it would help enormously.

76 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
John Goodman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Adam Vine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in my Logos iPhone app now. I click on the Library icon. I see I have 6,755 resources. On the upper right-hand side, it reads, "Sort:" To the right is a highlighted option that reads, "Title". I click that and now I'm presented with Author, Rating, Recent, and of course, Title.

There is NO collection option here. There is NO option to review the collections of books available within a prior collection, such as Bible Studies-Paul. In such a collection, I could quickly view all the books I put in this collection.

Having access to view ones resources by Collection is a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE deal. It is not possible for a person to know their options merely by Title, Author, Recent, Rating...not possible whatsoever. With 6,755 resources, it's impossible to know one's options when looking for something. They'd have to know the title or author, etc. This is completely unrealistic.

I'm shocked that there hasn't been a revolt from those using the mobile devices to demand such a very basic and needed request.

• Boydston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please do what the desktop app does: sort by type and it groups types (Bibles, commentaries, concordances, etc....)

• Ilian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My suggestion is "declined" (see https://logosmobile.uservoice.com/forums/190765-logos-mobile-apps/suggestions/6876532-sort-the-library-by-my-tags-and-collections-or-typ), but the library can't be SORTED by collections or type. The Library can be only FILTERED by type and collection. This sugestion mean only filtered or not? I'm don't understand, why my suggestion is "declined"!?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Kindle approach to allowing the user to organize books not "collections" makes an endless list of thousands of titles useable.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. The app is awesome. Appreciate you guys. But the library feature is awful. I want to be able to organize. Only show my books. Show my folders. Anything like that. Be able to hide resources.

Many language and study folks are organization freaks like me. Imagine walking into a library and having the books we want shoved into the shelves somewhere. Sure. They may be put categorically in the right spot, but that is not organization.

This would boost your app tremendously. I would rather keep yours and not look elsewhere.

Thanks again. !

• Boydston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I really need to sort by type of resource. Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, etc.

• Marty (Martha) Hix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really, really, really like to be able to organize my VYRSO library (and downloaded title from my LOGOS library) into collections which show up **on my iPad Air 2** (iOS 8), so I can easily find a book – even if I can't remember the author or title, or I don't know its rating. It would be handy, but not absolutely necessary, for me to be able to see and use tags when I'm using my tablet.

• Drew Hannay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Searching the library via mytags is already supported, as is filtering by series and type. We're keeping this open as a suggestion to allow filtering the library by collection. If you'd like to suggest another feature/improvement, please open a new UserVoice suggestion.

• John Goodman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kevin,
    This is not completed. We all know how we can filter our library already. The point is that filtering by collection, series or type is not available and we are requesting that feature. Please mark incomplete and consider implementing it. This feature would be extremely helpful!

Thanks,

John

Feedback and Knowledge Base