I suggest you ...

enable read aloud or text to speech like in the desktop app

For the benefit of people with visual impairment or other reading difficulties make the logos mobile apps great at text to speech or read aloud.

418 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John Goodman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, Android tts handles a large number of languages and would really help me in my foreign language acquisition through bible reading.

• Scott Hayes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Kevin Byford, where is the Read Aloud in the iOS 7 Logos Bible app? I can't find it. Thanks!

• Scott Hayes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a HUGE BENEFIT for listening to my Logos Library during my drive time to and from the office. I could harvest the hours spent in the car as productive time in study and research. I have a toddler and a newborn and sometimes this is the only alone time I get. Thanks!!

• Anthony Grubb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Ivona has something called Brightvoice® technology, which is nice. Works well on MyBible, very expressive, only flubs on proper names in Scripture. Also, this would be nice for EVERYONE, often I am driving (work and commute) and like to have it read to me, or else it simply won't get done. While often use the other app, would prefer to spend more time with Logos, have invested here and plan to continue doing so.

• Anthony Grubb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Ivona has something called Brightvoice® technology, which is nice. Works well on MyBible, very expressive, only flubs on proper names in Scripture.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on when we may see this feature? Looking forward to it.

• Joseph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also really like to see this feature implemented. I would use Logos book much more often if I was able to use TTS with the screen off. This could really change my learning experience.

I need to use drive time to hear my many logos books. Please allow my android to read aloud

The option to listen while driving would be great for those, like myself, who have to travel often.

• Jon Ralph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not started on iOS 7. Audio Books is not Text-to-Speech. We want to be able to click a button that will read all books. I guess if the book has an audio version it would be fine not to have the button but some books have no audio versions and never will, the publishers would have no market in making an Audio version but some people would like to listen to those books.

• Bart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this for Android... I use the voice feature all the time!

• Ivan Ramirez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

VoiceOver is different then TTS. VO is awkward, inaccurate. It doesn't keep up with the page and heaven forbid something gets touched while it's playing. Plus, it doesn't play in the background or when the device is in sleep mode (which would come in handy while on the road). What I would like to see is TTS like that which is native to Kindle devices.

• Eleanor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the update, Kevin.... looking forward to seeing TTS on the Android some day.

• John Goodman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is now working well on the ipad via the voiceover function but there is a bug where the voice goes out of sync with the page when it turns sometimes.

Still no word on android though...

• John Goodman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah could be the same idea however logos do have some audio only resources such as the greek new testament. So not sure.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base