I suggest you ...

enable read aloud or text to speech like in the desktop app

For the benefit of people with visual impairment or other reading difficulties make the logos mobile apps great at text to speech or read aloud.

424 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John Goodman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cris Dickason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I see the iOS functionality, using the iOS function, I wonder if it could be enhanced? Can the function be enhanced to not read footnote numbers or other forms of superscripted text (e.g., the McNeill/Battles version of calvin's Institutes, with all those superscript letters to indicate when a certain sentence was added.
        Bonus for reading Ridderbos with a Dutch accent.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While this *kind of* works for iOS, it works through changing accessibility settings. I'm not visually impaired but would still love to utilize audio for resources while at work. It would be nice to see a truly native mechanism within the app, regardless of in-phone settings, by which read aloud could be started.

• Marcus Sanders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to listen to my Logos books on my android note 5 phone especially when I'm away from my mac. I use it quite often on my mac. If you do any more upgrades please make this a priority. This would make Logos on the cutting edge technology for the hard working Pastors and leaders

• DaveD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would LOVE to see this work. My wife and I travel often so this would make the trips so enjoyable, being able to listen and learn together.

• Scott Schwarzrock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was initiated over four years ago. Logos responded over three years ago. Still no Android support!? This makes me wonder if there will ever be Android text-to-speech features. This is very disappointing for those of us with reading disabilities which are helped by TTS.

• Christopher Bradford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add for Android! I'd definitely buy more books with logos instead of kindle or audible. I have a Kindle Fire and Logos is worthless to me if I can not use TTS while on traveling.

• Andrew B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add for Android! I'd definitely buy more books with logos instead of kindle or audible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At this time, is there any intention on FL's part to eventually add it to Android devices?

• Dillon Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wont by another product from Faithlife until this is fixed for Android. We lost the export to Kindle which is the only reason I could think to use that feature. Its available for iOS despite Android having a larger market share of devices.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base