I suggest you ...

Sync to Furthest Page Read

Add a command to the Swipe-Down overlay to "Sync to Furthest Page Read" that functions like the Kindle command of the same name.

Currently, for example, if you open a book on a mobile device, read to chapter 2, put down the reader and then start reading on the desktop, reading to chapter 5, upon returning to the mobile device you are still at chapter 2.

A command to "Sync to Furthest Page Read" would move to the furthest location from the pool of all your devices at that current moment in time. It's not the furthest location that you have ever read to but the furthest location that you are currently at out of all of your devices.

72 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Randy W. Sims shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Syncing the recent reading verses list would solve this problem. This is my BIGGEST problem with android Logos. I switch phones all the time, do devotionals with kids and other people, and I am constantly losing my history.

• Boydston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make sure this feature can be turned off! Across numerous ereader's apps (nook, kindle, google's) I have always been "foiled" by it auto syncing to the furthest page. One wrong sync and I have no idea where I was.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could be solved by syncing the reading history across devices. Syncing a bible to the furthest place read will likely always bring me to Revelation, but syncing the reading history would allow us to see the most recent place read on all devices for the last few resources we've accessed.

• Boydston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a neat idea but I would prefer a super quick way to bookmark where I am in a resource that syncs across devices. Some equivalent to earmarking a page or moving a ribbon. You know, like all the eBook readers! With my Bible reading, I would rather the control of setting the synced locations instead of letting the app try to auto sync the correct books.
        If you search for bookmark, there's a suggestion for this.

• Gary McPherson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A competitor does something like this using ribbons. I'm not sure how feasible it would be to track all the books, the data involved spread over the number of users would be costly and/or possibly sluggish. That said, I really want some sort of feature that will sync histories or allow a ribbon/bookmark sort of function that you can set and will sync with your other devices. In today's world, it is not realistic to think people are going to read from only one device or read different things on each device.

• Randy W. Sims commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How useful and how feasible would it be to treat each book of the bible (as well as each translation) as a separate book so that each book of the bible (for each translation) has a last know location that you can jump to? For example, if I start reading Genesis, finish with chapter 11, Jump over to James and read it, I could then go back to a selected location in Genesis or I could go to my "Furthest Page Read" in Genesis and it would take me to where I left off.

Feedback and Knowledge Base