I suggest you ...

Have a Tab or Quick Filter that Displays downloaded Resources

When on my iPad and Android Phone, I usually only care to use the resources I have downloaded. It is a minor annoyance having to find the resource I have already downloaded among all the other resources.

112 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Xegesis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still "UNDER REVIEW" two years later... Wonder what the holdup is? Looks like lots of people want this.

• Kevin Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You're reviewing this one for "possible implementation in the future?" It is practically a no-brainer that your competition already has. My problem is that I'm too invested in Logos...

• Wesley Surber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a programmer I cannot see how it is so difficult to add a checkbox or button filter between local and cloud resources! Obviously the filter function is there with "local:" so why not bind it to an interface object?

• Scot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, Randy. That is helpful, and it is certainly much better than turning off my data connection.

There is still much room for improvement. It seems to me that if the logic is already there, then the rest is a matter of implementing in the interface. I wrote the following to Logos before finding this topic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I own but really do not use the mobile app. (IiOS on iPad) The reason for me is because my library is huge, and the sheer amount of resources makes the app very cumbersome to use. A technique I have used as a workaround is to download the resources I want to keep on hand (or simply just read) and then turn off my data connection to see only those. That is required because there is no way in the app to filter by what is stored on the device (at least none I have found). Turning off the data connection is really not a good solution (which should be obvious). Sorting by recent is not a viable option either because I may have accessed resources stored online. I figured it was finally time to provide feedback and make a request.

Would you be willing to add a library filter to the mobile app? Specifically, I want to be able to filter by what I have stored on the device. The functionality would be similar to other products such as Amazon’s Kindle app where the user has the option to see what is stored in the cloud versus what is stored on the device. There may be other filtering opportunities as well, but I see this as essential.

Thank you for your consideration, and have a super week.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if four button were added. 1. Downloaded 2.not downloaded 3. Archive 4. All books. Then also have another button called categories which lists different categories like Commentaries, Dictionaries, Language, Counselling, History, Christian Living etc. With about 13,000 books in Logos, I have an awful time on the iPad. At one time you had the best iPad app, but now your competitor's works better for me. Please update your app!

• David Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current design spends too much up-front time checking and updateing your full library list (time depends on both the size of your library AND your currently available connection speed, however feeble that might be) making it too frequently impractical to wait long enough for it to get around to allowing you to input a selection like "local:" to the library search list (although this does work EVENTUALLY.)

A current "work around" to get a prompt display of only the downloaded resources is to start by switching the phone's wireless setting to "Flight Mode" before launching the app. This way it knows not to even look for an internet connection and your library will promptly show only what is already "local:" This can avoid many minutes of potentially frustrating wait time while the current design calls home to check for changes/updates before it allows you use of the app.

Useful for quiet tmes when you can intentionally avoid incoming phone calls and other internet traffic issues (as these are also disabled in "Flight Mode")

• Randy W. Sims commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Typing "local:" in the library does this. That is the word "local" followed by a colon. It would be nice if there were a check box placed next to the top of the list where it says "nnnn resources" (so that it reads "nnnn resources | [ ] show local only") to filter the list more easily.

Feedback and Knowledge Base