I suggest you ...

Simple Offline Guides and Lookups

Offer *basic* guides and lookups when *offline*, including:

- BWS - simple headword lookup based on selected text or typed in text (spell corrected and converted to lemma) in dictionaries, lexicons, encyclopedias while reading bibles; simple dictionary lookup for all other books.
- Topic Guide - simple headword lookup based on selected text or typed in text (spell corrected and supplemented with synonym finder?)
- Passage Guide - simple lookup in commentary of a given passage.

The above features would only access books which have been downloaded to the device. When a guide is run, it could check an index of installed resources for the given type(s) and enumerate the resources with matching entries. The user then selects the desired resource and it is opened to the appropriate location.

See also:
http://community.logos.com/forums/p/57395/410885.aspx#410885
http://community.logos.com/forums/p/62907/443520.aspx#443520

615 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Randy W. Sims shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anthony commented  · 

There needs to be more options in Passage Guide and Exegetical Guide. Mobile Logos needs some love and make it more like the desktop app. This Logos Web app I think is Rediculous. Why a web app when you could take along a mobile device like IPad Pro. How many people travel with no mobile device and use someone else's computer. Step up the IPad version of Logos with more window options. Other Software vendors are making FaithLife look bad. I have invested THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in Logos software and can't afford to buy from Olivetree too.

• John MIller commented  · 

With the massive improvements to mobile devices, the Logos app should be able to handle and perform the searches while offline.

• Dan Francis commented  · 

Must have is an understatement, and Olivetree's Resource Guide is proof it can be done.

• Diederick commented  · 

Logos charge four times the price of a normal book on the internet and claims that the price is due for the integration to their software. Most of the "integration" is not available on the iPad and offline. As computers will be used less in the future as people prefer mobile devices more due to pricing and mobility, Logos is not investing in the future. Paying a bundle for functioanlity that is not available off-line is a cheat and ripoff.

• Joe Chongsiriwatana commented  · 

COME ON LOGOS!

Implement this already. Your iOS app needs much more LOVE from your engineers and marketing.

More people are using iOS devices than their computers. Your iOS app needs to be THE flagship product, not an ugly step sister.

Greek word lookup MUST be available offline with parsing information and root word info like in the Mac version.

• Jason Henshaw commented  · 

I do all of my sermon preparation and bible study on Logos and am still wondering why I should have to be connected to the internet to access my library when I am traveling and not able to get online. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us have complete access to our library that we have purchased offline so we can use our guides, etc. without having to be tied to the internet especially if we are unable to connect online.

• Andrew116 commented  · 

100% must have... can we hear from a FaithLife employee about the status of this, the most requested feature?

• Ein Neuling commented  · 

Must have (like Accordance - Logos can do better)! This is critical!

• Vic commented  · 

Please update iPad and iPad Pro to full logos functionality

• Glenn Kahley commented  · 

Add me to the list! I now use the iPad Pro and really want to see this functionality included for iOS.

• Billy Berger Jr. commented  · 

This request has been up for 3 years and is STILL 'under review'? Shame on you Logos! I have spent hundreds of dollars on my package and I can't use it!!!!!! Please address this or I am going to find a different software and recommend others as well.

• Brent Earwicker commented  · 

I use Logos exclusively for Bible study and devotional reading from Uganda where I serve as a missionary. On my frequent outings away from Internet I am unable to use the mobile app for anything but an e-reader. I would also love to implement the use of logos mobile app in our indigenous missionary training on phones and tablets, but without even a basic offline search I must look for another solution.

• Peter Montoro commented  · 

PLEASE! I end up using Accordance many times on iOS when I would prefer to use Logos—because the problem is more than just needing internet access—the latency of the look up is absolutely horrendous!

• DavidR commented  · 

Definitely for me. I use it most often with Greek word look-ups. Great at home on wi-fi. Hopeless out at a friend's house, unless either I know everyone's wi-fi key, or I link my tablet permanently to my phone's mobile hot-spot.

I'd also like to be clearer from which resource the look-up is coming. I'm not 100% sure whether the Greek dictionary I'm referencing is a server-based resource, or something in my library, and the display under Info doesn't tell me.

• Anonymous commented  · 

You have to be kidding. One has to vote for such a basic feature. It's like voting for rubber tires on a car. Logos is so out of touch with their customers.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is in my opinion the number one issue with Logos software. I travel extensively internationally and internet access is either limited or very expensive. I may not need the whole library, but the above description of what is being considered is very helpful.

• Mark Nolette commented  · 

Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes! Surely the iPad Air 2, the iPhone 5 & 6, and a good number of newer Android phones and tablets can handle this. Do this, and fix the bug that deletes resources on mobile devices when the FL servers crash, and you'll have a Bible study app that is as close to perfect as humanly possible (for now!).

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base