I suggest you ...

provide an option to show page numbers consistently when reading on iPad (as there are times only the section can be viewed)

When using the reading view (and i love all the new changes), the finder bar changes/switches between page numbers and the section (eg Matt 1). This is throughout the books, commentaries etc.

For ALL of my assignment and coursework work, I reference using page numbers, it is expected and the sections in books are varied and not simple to track at times, so is also the standard way of reverencing.

HOWEVER, there are many times where there is NO WAY to work out on the iPad what the page number is that I am on, as it only shows the section. I then have to either GUESS, find the hard copy, or locate a computer, open the software (takes ages), find the location, turn page numbers on, etc. This is, extremely extremely frustrating, time consuming and annoying.

I would appreciate a way that the iOS IPad app can have the option to show either
- page numbers through the text like in the desktop (but in a system option)
- page numbers consistently in the nav bar (maybe give me a choice)
Or
- Both page numbers and section in the nav bar somehow.... this would be my pref....

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Debbie shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Scott Schwarzrock commented  · 

They would have to make sure that it didn’t interfeer with the IOS Screen Speech feature. Otherwise it could interfere with read aloud features.

Feedback and Knowledge Base