I suggest you ...

Pull local resources before looking to download them from a network connection (when a network connection is available)

I'm in a place that has very slow internet. It's a wireless network with lots of interference and dropped packets. So, I downloaded the resources I use most. No problem downloading them. I notice than when I am connected to the network, albeit a very slow one, my downloaded resources show up very slow. For instance, I'm reading a book and I touch a Bible reference to see it. It might take 10 seconds to show it (local network problem). If I disconnect from all networks and do the same thing, the reference shows up instantly.

My guess is that if I'm connected to a network, the app wants to look on my logos account for the information it's wanting to show rather than locally, on my phone. When I disconnect from all networks, it has no choice but to look locally and it loads the information fast.

My question/ issue is that could the app be changed to pull up local resources first (ie resources that are downloaded) instead of using the internet to pull the information?

Maybe that's not what is actually going on but that's what it seems like from the user prospective.

If it is indeed using a network connection to pull information when connected to a network even though that resource is already stored locally, it should probably be fixed because if the person is a cellular network it would just be wasting the person's data plan.

Thank you! I'm enjoying the new app!

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)