Logos Mobile Apps

This is a suggestion forum ONLY!

UserVoice Posting guidelines:

1) Before posting a UserVoice suggestion please use the Logos discussion forums first to determine whether or not the feature you want is already implemented:
Mobile Reader Apps.
2) If you are unable to locate your idea on the Logos forums, please search the existing suggestions on UserVoice to see if it’s already been entered.
3) If steps #1 and #2 don’t help, please enter a new UserVoice suggestion and don’t forget to specify whether you use Android or iOS.
4) Please be concise by having a single suggestion per post.
5) Please remember this is a suggestion site and not a discussion forum or a place to report bugs.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for Logos 7 feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • 33 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Default downloaded resources to external SD card

It is possible for apps to default to the external SD card for the app data. Please make this available or default as there is limited internal space available. If not making it the default, please make it an option to have resources download to external SD Cards.

519 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          under review  ·  51 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Time to make Logos a full featured mobile application

The increasing power of mobile devices means the gap between mobile and desktop devices is diminishing rapidly. It's time to make a full featured Logos mobile application with the same feature set as the desktop application. The demand is there and it would be a game changer!!!

281 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Simple Offline Guides and Lookups

Offer *basic* guides and lookups when *offline*, including:

- BWS - simple headword lookup based on selected text or typed in text (spell corrected and converted to lemma) in dictionaries, lexicons, encyclopedias while reading bibles; simple dictionary lookup for all other books.
            - Topic Guide - simple headword lookup based on selected text or typed in text (spell corrected and supplemented with synonym finder?)
            - Passage Guide - simple lookup in commentary of a given passage.

The above features would only access books which have been downloaded to the device. When a guide is run, it could check an index…

674 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              under review  ·  30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • make app less internet dependent and allow the user to decide when and where he wants to sync

Having the app constantly connect to the internet is a bad idea in the part of the world where I am. Internet unfortunately is still very unpredictable and frequently not available. that makes working with this app almost impossible at times. That also means that there should be a possibility to have materials stored on the computer or SD card. Reading plans now are rather challenging to follow if connections is not available.
              It really would help a lot if I could choose the time where I want to sync as it would free the computer from trying to connect…

23 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • A Quick Definition pop up when touching a word

It is tedious when just needing a quick definition of a word to have to click Bible Word Study. Maybe if when clicking a word while it brings up the menu of 'Copy, Search, Note, etc." also include the definition of the word from our top dictionaries.

58 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • tap title to change translation in bible app like in Faithlife app

Android

In faithlife app you two the translation title to pull up the bibles in your library to quickly change translations.

It would be nice if the bible app would oprerate similarly. I.e. if you are reading a bible and tap on the title, open the library list of bibles, and an option to open the full library in case you want to open a different resource.

35 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I apologize for “completing” this suggestion yesterday, it was entirely my mistake.

It is true that “The ability to change translations from Reader View by tapping on the Title is supported in version 5.1.0 the Android and iOS releases” – but this suggestion refers to limiting the resources shown to Bibles only.

-kevin

• Make an option to select the Apps UI language

Now that the Android App supports other languages (such as German) it would be great if users could choose the Apps language independently from the OS language.

As explanation: I am a German, with a German system, BUT I started using Logos in English years ago, all my resources are in English AND I study Theology at Knox Theological Seminary in English, so of course I'd like to use the App in English ;-)

Blessings and congrats on the new Android App that is WAY better than it used to be.

Thomas

32 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Search for an exact word or spelling with "quotes"

It would be great if I could search for any exact word or spelling by using "quotes" as is commonly done with google searches. When I search for a word in the bible such as "outsiders", many results come up including "outside" & "outsider". If i could put the word in "quotes", the scripture I was looking for would have been quickly and easily found. Thanks!

11 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • 40 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Focus on improving "Notes" in general on mobile devices, particularly iOS

To name a few: the size of note windows are too small to be practically useful, especially on the iPhone; allow font size changes; enable links to scripture references; make recent notes more accessible. In general notes are fairly cumbersome and not very user-friendly in comparison to others.

8 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Have a Tab or Quick Filter that Displays downloaded Resources

When on my iPad and Android Phone, I usually only care to use the resources I have downloaded. It is a minor annoyance having to find the resource I have already downloaded among all the other resources.

112 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Don't see your idea?

Logos Mobile Apps

Feedback and Knowledge Base