Logos Mobile Apps

This is a suggestion forum ONLY!

UserVoice Posting guidelines:

1) Before posting a UserVoice suggestion please use the Logos discussion forums first to determine whether or not the feature you want is already implemented:
Mobile Reader Apps.
2) If you are unable to locate your idea on the Logos forums, please search the existing suggestions on UserVoice to see if it’s already been entered.
3) If steps #1 and #2 don’t help, please enter a new UserVoice suggestion and don’t forget to specify whether you use Android or iOS.
4) Please be concise by having a single suggestion per post.
5) Please remember this is a suggestion site and not a discussion forum or a place to report bugs.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for Logos 7 feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

1. Improve In-App Store

This should be top priority. Not because I use it-I'd just as soon use the web store. But because it seems like such huge missed opportunity for sales.

Do NOT assume that people downloading the web app know anything at all about logos. I didn't, I was just searching for a bible and it's a miracle I stayed with Logos (now at L4 Plat + L5 Port). If I hadn't researched further on the web, I would not have.

* Ditch the browser interface and build a real store, more like the Google Play store.
    * Add a prominent button…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to make reference notes the default type

I use reference notes exclusively because then they show up in all translations and not just a single translation like selection notes.

It would be great if there was a setting to make this the default that shows up when adding a note.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to Build Custom Shortcuts to Favorite Resources

When I"m sitting in church, and the pastor says, "open your Bibles to..." I have to open Logos, switch to the Bible, and then, finally, get to the right Scripture. When I go back to continue reading something after church, I must open Logos, find the resource, open the resource, and then continue reading.

It would be nice to have a "layout like" feature on mobile devices, with the ability to create a different app launch point for each of these layouts. Then I could have a "bible" layout, a "reading" layout, etc., and open each one at the right…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Custom copy range

I wwould like to see an option that allows 'Custom-copy Ranges' for when you want to 'copy' but half of your 'text' is on the next page. It would be nice to have a 'Custom-text' button available on 'Long-press' that allowed you to even type in verse references for copy.. (e.g. John 1:1 ; John 1:11 ; John 1:22; etc...) Thank you:)

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Attach several texts to the same note on mobile devices

On the desktop program we can attach a note to several Biblical texts; could this be made available on the mobile devices.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a wide margin version where notes can be seen and ultimately written notes.

Add a wide Margin bible that notes could be taken and seen in the margin, ultimately with the ability to write the note with your ipencil or stylus.
    Many of us would like the same bible marking experience we have with our paper version. The ability to highlight, jot notes, etc.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Search for an exact word or spelling with "quotes"

It would be great if I could search for any exact word or spelling by using "quotes" as is commonly done with google searches. When I search for a word in the bible such as "outsiders", many results come up including "outside" & "outsider". If i could put the word in "quotes", the scripture I was looking for would have been quickly and easily found. Thanks!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create Dictionary links in Vyrso and Faithlife

I'm frustrated I cannot make the most of Logos resources I own in Faithlife and Vyrso. Often I will have logos set for sermon prep, Faithlife for devotional and Vyrso for general reading. When in Vyrso or Faithlife I'm often wanting to look up a word in a dictionary quickly. I don't want to have to change my Logos app layout. It would be handy to just do a quick search. Particularly in Vyrso this would make it a better competitor to Kindle

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. display pages by page number

it would be nice to have the option to display only one page number per screen for reading on Android or iOS and reading view within the desktop app. When I read paper books sometimes I remember which part of the page I read something. it would be nice to be able to go back a few pages and easily find something i have read previously. I realize that some books would have to display smaller fonts and it may not be practical for every book but it would be a nice option.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Focus on improving "Notes" in general on mobile devices, particularly iOS

To name a few: the size of note windows are too small to be practically useful, especially on the iPhone; allow font size changes; enable links to scripture references; make recent notes more accessible. In general notes are fairly cumbersome and not very user-friendly in comparison to others.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. add an option to make the font bold

I would like a little more control over the font, mainly a way to make the font bold (in the Android version). This will dramatically increase readability for me as I use an e-ink device. Honestly, this feature should take 10 minutes to implement. Seriously, no joke. PLEASE! ;)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Link shortcuts to books from my home screen.

Since 2.3.5 now comes with the "Ability to open Verbum/Vyrso from external URIs". Let's go one further step and give me the ability to create URL links on my home screen that will open Specific books.
    As mentioned here:
    http://community.logos.com/forums/p/66443/463404.aspx#463404

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Drawing in the bible passages, to be able to draw an arrow or circle words.

You are doing a great job, and I really appreciate all the tools you guys make available to us!!! I would love to have the ability to use the apple pen or finger to draw in a bible or circle words or do the normal things you might do to a paper bible. I use the wonderful different highlighting that is available already, I was hoping for more individual freedom of expression. Thanks for listening ...Just a thought!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sermon Notes and Homework

Logos is becoming a great tool for the church with Prayer requests and Faithlife interaction.

I would love to offer my sermon notes, and weekly homework to the church as a resource in logos with text fields they can fill in. Replace the paper sermon notes with a document that opens in Logos when the sermon starts in Proclaim. Make it a document with text boxes like the current mobile ed resources. This would be something that I could really push the church family to invest in Logos so they could take notes in Logos which they could access later…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow us to make custom passage guides, including our own collections instead of the stock App Passage Guide which isn't robust enough.

I want to have the same passage guides on my tablet that I do on my desktop, that search through my various collections and give the resources I want. I don't use the media, sermons, etc so that's not as helpful for me. Right now, I think the only way I can search those other resources is by manually finding them in my library and loading them, which takes a lot of time.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Transfer all the highlighting and notes from one bible translation to another. ios

Once you have highlighted one bible version, it would be great to transfer all your notes and highlights to other versions, and allow your information to grow with your daily bible studies.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Keyword Tagging On Annotations / Notes (Android)

Would be great if Logos for Android offered the ability to add keywords / tags to the annotations I make. For example if I highlight a verse on Christ's divinity, I would love the ability to add the keywords Christ, Trinity, Divinity of Jesus, etc along with other possible keywords that the verse might address. Then if I could search by those keywords / tags I would get back all the verses which I've tagged for a specific word. Really helps when doing group bible study or evangelism. An app that has this option is Olive Tree Bible Study, really…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow search functionality for my documents

One of the features I find very useful in the computer based program is the ability to search one of my documents for a particular word, phrase, or reference. For example, if I want to search my personal Bible notes for any references made to "love." I can search my notes document for the word "love" and see all notes I've written using this word. This would be very helpful to have in the mobile app as I do a fair amount of studying on the go on my iPad and iPhone.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Logos Mobile Apps

Feedback and Knowledge Base