Logos Mobile Apps

This is a suggestion forum ONLY!

UserVoice Posting guidelines:

1) Before posting a UserVoice suggestion please use the Logos discussion forums first to determine whether or not the feature you want is already implemented:
Mobile Reader Apps.
2) If you are unable to locate your idea on the Logos forums, please search the existing suggestions on UserVoice to see if it’s already been entered.
3) If steps #1 and #2 don’t help, please enter a new UserVoice suggestion and don’t forget to specify whether you use Android or iOS.
4) Please be concise by having a single suggestion per post.
5) Please remember this is a suggestion site and not a discussion forum or a place to report bugs.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for Logos 7 feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Allow reporting of typos

If "report a typo" would be one of the options that would pop up when touching and holding a particular word, that would be great. Currently the only option seems to be to email the typo to logos4feedback@logos.com. Hopefully that's an OK "second-best" approach!

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to click on a note (in the notes list) and jump to the scripture reference.

Since Logos does not have a good tagging option, I use 'notes' as a way of grouping scriptures under headings like 'humility', 'grace', etc. But when I view my list of notes under a note title, there is no functionality to jump to the scripture reference.

This would help alot, and make the notes function on ISO much more useful.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a Reader's Edition Interlinear option for the mobile app

The new Readers Edition Interlinear is a great feature! But the feature would be even better to use on a tablet. Please create this feature on the mobile app as well!

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automatically lookup a definition of a highlighted word

I really enjoy my kindle. I highlight a word and it will auto lookup the word in my dictionary of choosing. This is all automatic the second I highlight a word. What dictionary do I use? I bought a copy of ISBE and selected that as my primary dictionary. When reading my Bible I can highlight anything and will get an instant definition. If the ISBE doesn't have a definition it will default to the Oxford.

I NEED Logos to do this. This is a mandatory feature. Right now it's a total pain to do this. Please... Please make it…

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Read Aloud on Android

Android is known for its text-to-speech capabilities. Some book readers such as Google Play Books fully integrate text-to-speech into their apps. I would like to see Logos use this text-to-speech functionality within their mobile apps. Remember, some of us do have reading disabilities and it is helpful to have read aloud features.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Flashcards on mobile devices

I love the recent mobile app for word lists. Would love to see the same type of functionality built for scripture memorization. I would no longer have to carry around 3x5 index cards.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow the user to select scripture or information across several pages to highlight or add to a note. Right now, I have to end at the curren

I would like to be able to select or highlight material from several pages at the same time. I cannot highlight between pages or add text if it is on multiple pages (sequential, but on different pages)

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. tap title to change translation in bible app like in Faithlife app

Android

In faithlife app you two the translation title to pull up the bibles in your library to quickly change translations.

It would be nice if the bible app would oprerate similarly. I.e. if you are reading a bible and tap on the title, open the library list of bibles, and an option to open the full library in case you want to open a different resource.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I apologize for “completing” this suggestion yesterday, it was entirely my mistake.

It is true that “The ability to change translations from Reader View by tapping on the Title is supported in version 5.1.0 the Android and iOS releases” – but this suggestion refers to limiting the resources shown to Bibles only.

-kevin

10. 33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. In documents view, make the clock visiable so that both sermon notes and the clock can be seen simultaneously.

The document view is helpful for preaching with sermon notes, however it would be even more helpful if the ipad clock or another clock were visible while viewing the notes to help the preacher keep track of time.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make the daily prayer list available on the iPad and iPhone.

Since I use my iPad for my devotional reading it would also be nice to have my prayer list right there on the home screen of logos, similar to the daily reading list.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Print/export option for documents

I would like to be able to print from my iPhone from the documents screen. It has the icon already should be an easy addition.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make an option to select the Apps UI language

Now that the Android App supports other languages (such as German) it would be great if users could choose the Apps language independently from the OS language.

As explanation: I am a German, with a German system, BUT I started using Logos in English years ago, all my resources are in English AND I study Theology at Knox Theological Seminary in English, so of course I'd like to use the App in English ;-)

Blessings and congrats on the new Android App that is WAY better than it used to be.

Thomas

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sort library into personal "collections" folders.

Similar to iBooks, having folders "collections" that hold your selected books of study would speed up the ongoing study and search process. As you find the book you like, you just drag and drop into a study folder.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Reference Scanner Export to Passage List

Love the new reference scanner tool and think I will use it a lot.

Suggestion: It needs a way to save/further investigate verses. So, it would be very cool to have an export to a "Passage List" feature.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. sync mobile device history

My phone crashed, and I lost all my phone reading history. This is not synced at all. I'm very disappointed. History should be synced across devices as well. When I read through passages, I often switch devices depending on where I am. Also, I would like to begin sermon prep on my phone on the plane, then move to my tablet and desktop, being able to see the history of passages that I've been working through.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow users to hide and show resources in the library.

I have fiction books from Vyrso that I don't want displayed in Logos or in the Faithlife app. It would be great to be able to select the resources that are displayed, or at least rank them as favorites, so that they show at the top of the list.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sync to most recently read location

Note this is not syncing to **furthest** location. This suggestion is to sync to the most recently read location across devices.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. make the pop-ups for critical apparatuses of BHS, NA27, and other texts available when offline.

When offline and when the apparatuses are downloaded locally, I believe the pop-ups should be able to read the data from the locally stored apparatus instead of having to obtain this data from the server.

I'm working in an area where wi-fi is not always available, and it would be nice to be able to have this functionality when offline.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Logos Mobile Apps

Feedback and Knowledge Base